Dunmow beautician wins best in South East Guinot prize
- Credit: Archant
Beautician Jessica Overall received an award from actress Joanna Lumley when she won South East Regional Therapist of the Year.
The title means she beat therapists from six counties – Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Jessica received her award at a gala dinner at The Brewery EC1, hosted by Joanna Lumley.
Not only that but the judges said, if Jessica, had not won, the prize would have gone to her colleague Holly Bridges who works at the same salon, Scarlett and Stone in Dunmow.
Jessica was one of 10 finalists picked for the national heat at awards run by French cosmetics manufacturer Guinot.
You may also want to watch:
The 24-year-old, who received a certificate and a hamper of products, said: “I’m really thrilled and delighted to have won this award.”
The salon, in Dunmow High Street, where Jessica works, has for the past three years been listed in the top 10 per cent of Guinot’s beauty practitioners, marked by having crown status.
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Stansted author to release second novel
- 5 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 6 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 7 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
Salon owner Anna Harvey said: “We are delighted for Jess. She has been with me from the start. She is a wonderful therapist and rightly deserves public recognition for that. Also, for our salon to have received three crowns in as many years is an incredible achievement.”