Dunmow beautician wins best in South East Guinot prize
- Credit: Archant
Beautician Jessica Overall received an award from actress Joanna Lumley when she won South East Regional Therapist of the Year.
The title means she beat therapists from six counties – Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Jessica received her award at a gala dinner at The Brewery EC1, hosted by Joanna Lumley.
Not only that but the judges said, if Jessica, had not won, the prize would have gone to her colleague Holly Bridges who works at the same salon, Scarlett and Stone in Dunmow.
Jessica was one of 10 finalists picked for the national heat at awards run by French cosmetics manufacturer Guinot.
The 24-year-old, who received a certificate and a hamper of products, said: “I’m really thrilled and delighted to have won this award.”
The salon, in Dunmow High Street, where Jessica works, has for the past three years been listed in the top 10 per cent of Guinot’s beauty practitioners, marked by having crown status.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 8 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies
Salon owner Anna Harvey said: “We are delighted for Jess. She has been with me from the start. She is a wonderful therapist and rightly deserves public recognition for that. Also, for our salon to have received three crowns in as many years is an incredible achievement.”