Dunmow beautician wins best in South East Guinot prize
- Credit: Archant
Beautician Jessica Overall received an award from actress Joanna Lumley when she won South East Regional Therapist of the Year.
The title means she beat therapists from six counties – Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Jessica received her award at a gala dinner at The Brewery EC1, hosted by Joanna Lumley.
Not only that but the judges said, if Jessica, had not won, the prize would have gone to her colleague Holly Bridges who works at the same salon, Scarlett and Stone in Dunmow.
Jessica was one of 10 finalists picked for the national heat at awards run by French cosmetics manufacturer Guinot.
You may also want to watch:
The 24-year-old, who received a certificate and a hamper of products, said: “I’m really thrilled and delighted to have won this award.”
The salon, in Dunmow High Street, where Jessica works, has for the past three years been listed in the top 10 per cent of Guinot’s beauty practitioners, marked by having crown status.
- 1 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary
- 2 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 5 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 6 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 7 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 8 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 9 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
Salon owner Anna Harvey said: “We are delighted for Jess. She has been with me from the start. She is a wonderful therapist and rightly deserves public recognition for that. Also, for our salon to have received three crowns in as many years is an incredible achievement.”