Dunmow Arts Centre keeps the kids active
SCHOOLCHILDREN have just returned to the classroom and the Dunmow Arts Centre is reflecting on a very successful summer activity programme. The Haslers Lane facility held a wide variety of events for children aged five to 16 over a five-week period, such
SCHOOLCHILDREN have just returned to the classroom and the Dunmow Arts Centre is reflecting on a very successful summer activity programme.
The Haslers Lane facility held a wide variety of events for children aged five to 16 over a five-week period, such as arts and crafts, cooking, break dancing and stage combat, as well as producing a show a week.
Delighted Arts Centre manager Jacky Rom said: "It has been an action-packed summer break with hundreds of young people enjoying constructive workshops.
"This has also meant that lots of new people have used the centre fir the first time."
You may also want to watch:
The Arts Centre has become a hive of activity and is extending an invitation to everyone in the local area to pay and visit to see what is on offer.
And there is plenty on offer on the autumn schedule.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 10 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
"After five weeks of summer activities it is time to start our autumn programme," added Jacky.
"This is a community centre that caters for all ages, from babies in the Play and Learn Nursery to mum and toddler group Gymboree and through to Yoga, ballroom classes and Scene II Theatre School. It has something for every one of all ages and abilities.
"We have a new Pilate's class opening very soon as well as our tailor-made birthday parties including recording parties in our new recording studio, Adult Art Club and Daytime Yoga."
There will also be a number of October half-term activities for children.
An Arts & Crafts workshop is running on Monday October 26, from 10.30am to 3.30pm, while Cooking Mania is on Wednesday October 28 from 10.30am to 3.30pm.
On Thursday and Friday, October 29 and 30, there will be a High School Musical extravaganza.
All workshops are �20 a day. Call 01371 878020 for enquiries.