Dunmow artist to take part in Roots and Shoots charity exhibition in London
A DUNMOW artist is taking part in an exhibition in London next week. Kevin Sweeney, whose enigmatic sculptures are in a growing number of private and corporate collections, will be part of an eight person show in the eco centre at Lambeth Roots and Shoots
A DUNMOW artist is taking part in an exhibition in London next week.
Kevin Sweeney, whose enigmatic sculptures are in a growing number of private and corporate collections, will be part of an eight person show in the eco centre at Lambeth Roots and Shoots which was opened in 2007 by HRH The Prince of Wales.
The artists will each donate a piece for sale in aid of Roots and Shoots. The exhibition runs on Monday October 26, from 10am-4pm, and Tuesday to Thursday, October 27 to 29 from 10am-8pm.
The exhibition will be followed by a charity auction on Saturday October 31 of around 300 paintings including work by such celebrated artists as Mary Fedden, Lewin Bassingthwaite, Jack Simcock, Edward Ardizzone, Carel Weight and Lorna Binns. Prices are expected to range from �10 to �20,000.
You may also want to watch:
More information is available by visiting www.rootsandshoots.org.uk
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history