Dunmow and Felsted homes have water cut off for second time in a week
- Credit: Archant
For the second time in a week, homes in Dunmow, Felsted and Bannister Green are without water.
A For the second time in a week, homes in Dunmow, Felsted and Bannister Green were without water for three hours this morning (Friday).
At first the problem was reported as a burst pipe but later a spokesman for Affinity Water said it was caused by a technical fault at the Dunmow pumping station which feeds the water main to Felsted.
He said: “We would like to apologise to our customers in Felsted who experienced an interruption to their water supply from 7am. Our technicians repaired the fault at 9.30am and the water supply was restored soon after.
We would like to thank our customers for their patience whilst we carried out these repairs.”
You may also want to watch:
It was a burst pipe that caused the water to be cut off on Monday. Supplies were back on again by Wednesday but by breakfast time today (Friday) residents were again obliged to use bottled water to drink, cook with, wash and flush the loo.
Irene Chacko from Cressages Close, Bannister Green said: “We had water last night but it was off again before eight this morning.”
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 5 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement