A-Level results 2020: Helena Romanes School and Sixth Form Centre
- Credit: Helena Romanes School
Students at Helena Romanes School and Sixth Form Centre have received their A-level results.
Because of coronavirus, students did not sit their planned exams.
The schools provided the exam boards information based on pupil work.
Grades were awarded by exam boards applying their own calculations, taking account of performance in previous years.
Because of this, schools in this area have decided not to release figures with the usual comparisons between this year and other years, or between schools.
You may also want to watch:
Here are some of this year’s successes at HRS:
Kate Law is to study English Literature at Lancaster University. She achieved AAB in Business, English and Psychology, and an A for her Extended Project Qualification.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 3 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 4 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 5 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 8 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 9 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 10 Dragons' Den style competition highlights innovative ideas
Emma Blower gained A*AB in Business, Maths, Psychology, and will study Psychology at University of Newcastle.
Lleiani Fletcher gained ABBB in Maths, Business, Psychology and History. She’s going to study psychology with forensics at University of Lincoln.?
Meredith Thompson gained BBC in Business, Geography and Design Technology Textiles. She is considering a place at several universities but may defer her place for a year.
James Askew gained a Triple Distinction in BTEC Sport, B in Business and a C in Psychology. He is going on to study at the Sudbury AFC Football Academy.
Francesca Roe gained ABC in Dance, English Literature and Psychology and has been accepted to study at the prestigious Laban Conservatoire for Dance.
HRS Head of Sixth Form, Donna Wright said: “The results are a reflection of the dedication and commitment demonstrated by our students.
“This, combined with the support of staff and parents, has produced some excellent results.
“I am extremely proud of our students and wish them all the best for the future.”
Headteacher Daniel Gee said: “I am delighted that the hard work of our students has been rewarded today.
“It has been an incredibly challenging and uncertain time for this cohort of students and I am pleased that they can now focus on moving forward, either in higher education or employment. On behalf of all staff at HRS, we wish them well for the future.”
LINKED: Here’s how they did at Bishop’s Stortford College
How were your exam results? Email email@example.com