Rotarians help guides raise hundreds towards cost of jamboree trip
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rotary Club has raised £700 for a group of west Essex guides and rangers, for a trip to a jamboree in Croatia.
Willie Fraiser, club president, organised a fundraising brunch at the Rowena Davey Centre on July 28, attended by 70 guests.
The guests were greeted by the guides and rangers as well as their leaders, who all cooked and served sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, beans and tomatoes, followed by fresh fruit as well as tea and coffee.
Whilst in Croatia, the guides will meet other local guides and also visit Venice and Slovenia.
Traditional pub games were also on offer, such as skittles and shove halfpenny. The event finished with two musicians performing well-known numbers.
You may also want to watch:
The club's next fundraising event will be a metal detecting rally in Thaxted on August 31. Anyone wishing to join should pre-register by contacting Barry Clark for further details at: email@example.com.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 4 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 5 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 9 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month