Rotarians help guides raise hundreds towards cost of jamboree trip
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rotary Club has raised £700 for a group of west Essex guides and rangers, for a trip to a jamboree in Croatia.
Willie Fraiser, club president, organised a fundraising brunch at the Rowena Davey Centre on July 28, attended by 70 guests.
The guests were greeted by the guides and rangers as well as their leaders, who all cooked and served sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, beans and tomatoes, followed by fresh fruit as well as tea and coffee.
Whilst in Croatia, the guides will meet other local guides and also visit Venice and Slovenia.
Traditional pub games were also on offer, such as skittles and shove halfpenny. The event finished with two musicians performing well-known numbers.
You may also want to watch:
The club's next fundraising event will be a metal detecting rally in Thaxted on August 31. Anyone wishing to join should pre-register by contacting Barry Clark for further details at: email@example.com.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows