Dramatic events at school for Greville Theatre Club
FRESH from celebrating 50 years of theatre, local group The Greville Theatre Club is busily preparing for its next knock-out production, Teechers. Duton Hill pub The Three Horseshoes will provide the outdoor venue for the three-night run of shows,
FRESH from celebrating 50 years of theatre, local group The Greville Theatre Club is busily preparing for its next knock-out production, Teechers.
Duton Hill pub The Three Horseshoes will provide the outdoor venue for the three-night run of shows, all of which promise to be a huge hit with audiences.
Teechers is a comedy play written by John Godber in 1987 and vigorously evokes life at a modern comprehensive school. Mr Nixon, the new drama teacher, arrives to find that life at the school will be a massive challenge.
Cynical colleagues, obstructive caretakers and naughty students all combine in a blur of quick witted and loveable characters. Can Nixon and his students manage to make it through to the end of term with their sanity intact?
You may also want to watch:
Find out by booking your tickets for one of the performances on Friday 7, Saturday 8 or Sunday 9 of August.
There will be a barbecue each evening provided by the Duton Hill Yacht Club.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 7 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Rain thwarts Aythorpe Roding's title charge but High Roding at the double again
Tickets are �4 in advance from the pub (01371 870681) or the Greville Box Office on 01371 872986, after 9am.
Bring your own garden chairs and rugs to sit on as all of the shows take place outside.
Each show starts at 7.30pm and guest are asked to arrive at 7pm.