Dramatic events at school for Greville Theatre Club
FRESH from celebrating 50 years of theatre, local group The Greville Theatre Club is busily preparing for its next knock-out production, Teechers. Duton Hill pub The Three Horseshoes will provide the outdoor venue for the three-night run of shows,
FRESH from celebrating 50 years of theatre, local group The Greville Theatre Club is busily preparing for its next knock-out production, Teechers.
Duton Hill pub The Three Horseshoes will provide the outdoor venue for the three-night run of shows, all of which promise to be a huge hit with audiences.
Teechers is a comedy play written by John Godber in 1987 and vigorously evokes life at a modern comprehensive school. Mr Nixon, the new drama teacher, arrives to find that life at the school will be a massive challenge.
Cynical colleagues, obstructive caretakers and naughty students all combine in a blur of quick witted and loveable characters. Can Nixon and his students manage to make it through to the end of term with their sanity intact?
You may also want to watch:
Find out by booking your tickets for one of the performances on Friday 7, Saturday 8 or Sunday 9 of August.
There will be a barbecue each evening provided by the Duton Hill Yacht Club.
- 1 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 9 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 10 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
Tickets are �4 in advance from the pub (01371 870681) or the Greville Box Office on 01371 872986, after 9am.
Bring your own garden chairs and rugs to sit on as all of the shows take place outside.
Each show starts at 7.30pm and guest are asked to arrive at 7pm.