Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- Credit: Supplied by Bidwells
Developers want to build 49 new homes in Thaxted.
Vistry Homes has submitted outline plans to build the homes on 4.5 hectares of land to the east of Wedow Road, Thaxted.
Of the 49 homes, 20 would be 'affordable'.
Property consultancy Bidwells, acting on behalf of Vistry Homes, said there was a strong case for new housing in Thaxted.
A Bidwells report says: "The development of the site is identified as having some negative impacts on landscape character and the nearby heritage assets."
You may also want to watch:
The report said negative impacts could be mitigated with developers promising to focus on architectural detailing which protect the "integrity of Thaxted's townscape".
Uttlesford District Council is accepting comments on the outline plans until July 8 via its Planning Portal (Reference: UTT/21/1836/OP, https://publicaccess.uttlesford.gov.uk/).
Some residents have already submitted comments, raising concerns around developers' lorries, and a lack of school places and GP appointment slots.
- 1 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 5 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
"Thaxted is being swamped with new houses," one wrote.