Double delight for Maltings trust
FIFTY people gathered at The Maltings, Dunmow, to attend a presentation made to the man behind the building s preservation. David Westcott who recently retired after 11 years as chairman of the Great Dunmow Maltings Preservation Trust, was presented with
FIFTY people gathered at The Maltings, Dunmow, to attend a presentation made to the man behind the building's preservation.
David Westcott who recently retired after 11 years as chairman of the Great Dunmow Maltings Preservation Trust, was presented with framed paintings of The Maltings before and after their renovation. The artist of both paintings was Jan Faithful.
The presentation was made by the present chairman of the trust, Barbara Bell, who thanked him for all his hard work and dedication to the project.
At the ceremony, Mrs Bell said: "I am pleased to tell you that a grant of £1000 has been allowed for The Maltings from Dunmow Town Council, which is very much appreciated as the Maltings is here for the townspeople to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
"Further to this, a donation of £5000 has been received from Tesco, which will be considerable help towards the ongoing maintenance."
Mr Westcott, was the founder member of the trust that was behind instigating the preservation of the then decaying Maltings buildings in Mill Lane.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
Today, the fully restored building houses the Dunmow Museum on the ground floor and a large meeting room upstairs along with a kitchen and resource room, all of which are available for general hire.