Dispersal order in Great Notley this evening after fireworks fired at police officers and cars
- Credit: Archant
A dispersal order will be in place in Great Notley this evening (November 5), after fireworks were fired at moving cars, police officers and towards houses.
Essex Police received several reports of anti-social behaviour involving large groups of people in the Notley Green area on Thursday (October 31).
A dispersal order will be in place between 5pm tonight and 1am tomorrow because of concerns this behaviour could happen again and gives officers the power to order those causing anti-social behaviour to leave the area.
Breaching any direction given under the order is a criminal offence.
The order covers the village green, Notley Green, Pochard Way, Penshurst Place, Cuckoo Way, Highclere Road and Framlingham Way.
Inspector Colin Cox said: "Aiming fireworks at people and property is extremely dangerous and completely reckless.
"We want to ensure people can enjoy fireworks night safely without a repeat of this dangerous behaviour from Halloween night."
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
To report any incidents to 101, or 999 in an emergency.