Dispersal order in Great Notley this evening after fireworks fired at police officers and cars
- Credit: Archant
A dispersal order will be in place in Great Notley this evening (November 5), after fireworks were fired at moving cars, police officers and towards houses.
Essex Police received several reports of anti-social behaviour involving large groups of people in the Notley Green area on Thursday (October 31).
A dispersal order will be in place between 5pm tonight and 1am tomorrow because of concerns this behaviour could happen again and gives officers the power to order those causing anti-social behaviour to leave the area.
Breaching any direction given under the order is a criminal offence.
The order covers the village green, Notley Green, Pochard Way, Penshurst Place, Cuckoo Way, Highclere Road and Framlingham Way.
Inspector Colin Cox said: "Aiming fireworks at people and property is extremely dangerous and completely reckless.
"We want to ensure people can enjoy fireworks night safely without a repeat of this dangerous behaviour from Halloween night."
- 1 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 2 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 3 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 4 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 7 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 8 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 9 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 10 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
To report any incidents to 101, or 999 in an emergency.