“Dangerous” knife attacker jailed for seven years
A 21-YEAR-OLD has been jailed for more than seven years for knifing a love rival with a knife.
Kye Johnson, 21, of Bendlowes Road, Great Bardfield knifed his 24-year-old victim in a pre-meditated attack in Knights Way, Braintree, in the early hours of December 15, last year.
The victim sustained wounds to his chest and arm and was treated in hospital for a severed artery and bruising to his sternum.
Johnson was arrested and found guilty of GBH with intent, wounding with intent and aggravated burglary on June 18.
Today he was jailed for seven and a half years for the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Dc John Ixer from Braintree CID said: “Kye Johnson is a dangerous man, he attacked his victim in a pre-meditated assault and it is fortunate for the victim that the knife struck his sternum otherwise Johnson could have been facing a murder charge.
“Essex Police is pleased that the sentence reflects the very serious nature of this crime and that Johnson will be removed from the local community and given time in prison to reflect on his actions.”
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows