“Dangerous” knife attacker jailed for seven years
A 21-YEAR-OLD has been jailed for more than seven years for knifing a love rival with a knife.
Kye Johnson, 21, of Bendlowes Road, Great Bardfield knifed his 24-year-old victim in a pre-meditated attack in Knights Way, Braintree, in the early hours of December 15, last year.
The victim sustained wounds to his chest and arm and was treated in hospital for a severed artery and bruising to his sternum.
Johnson was arrested and found guilty of GBH with intent, wounding with intent and aggravated burglary on June 18.
Today he was jailed for seven and a half years for the attack.
Dc John Ixer from Braintree CID said: “Kye Johnson is a dangerous man, he attacked his victim in a pre-meditated assault and it is fortunate for the victim that the knife struck his sternum otherwise Johnson could have been facing a murder charge.
“Essex Police is pleased that the sentence reflects the very serious nature of this crime and that Johnson will be removed from the local community and given time in prison to reflect on his actions.”
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 5 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 6 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 7 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 8 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 9 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident