Dancing their way to the top
THREE groups of dancers from Dunmow Youth Club scooped silver medals on Sunday at the Essex Youth Dance competition at Dukes Nightclub in Chelmsford. Sixty-eight dancers from the North Street based club took part in the annual event that saw 14 dance grou
THREE groups of dancers from Dunmow Youth Club scooped silver medals on Sunday at the Essex Youth Dance competition at Dukes Nightclub in Chelmsford.
Sixty-eight dancers from the North Street based club took part in the annual event that saw 14 dance groups from across the county gather to take show off their dancing skills in front of a panel of judges and an audience of more than 300 people.
Youth worker Jeremy Free said: "It was a fantastic day, the groups all did incredibly well and I was impressed by their performances. It was nice to see the number of friends who hired a coach to support them."
Dolly Mixtures and Strutting Aces were made up of 36 and 26 girls all aged between 13 and 17. All-boy group Peer Pressure donned convict costumes for their routine based on a prison break.
You may also want to watch:
All of the members have been working hard under the supervision of Phoebe Todd and Bev Gilmour who guide dancers with choreography.
The Dunmow Youth Club is currently running a number of workshops including DJ lessons and healthy eating cooking courses at Dunmow Youth Centre. For details call 01371 873156.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down