Dance to the music
A LOCAL dance school held its own choreography competition at Henhan village hall. All pupils of Ruth Taylor-Greene dance school normally dance street, freestyle, rock n roll, Latin and ballroom. But they formed themselves into groups, chose their own m
A LOCAL dance school held its own choreography competition at Henhan village hall.
All pupils of Ruth Taylor-Greene dance school normally dance street, freestyle, rock 'n' roll, Latin and ballroom.
But they formed themselves into groups, chose their own music and interpreted it in different dance styles.
A spokesman said: "The 13 groups came up with some brilliant ideas, such as Kung Fu Fighting, It's Raining Men, Egyptian and many more.
You may also want to watch:
"We were very lucky to have such an eminent adjudicator in Sandy Borne who is a top television choreographer."
Winners of the junior section were Darcy Giddings and Daisy Perry, who performed Girls just wanna have fun.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
The senior section was won by Beth Roberts, Titian Lippitt and Kathleen Foster with their African style routine.
Additional trophies were handed out to girls obtaining the highest exam marks, to: Matilda Hollis for Latin, Daisy Perry for ballroom, Maria Brewer as student of the year, and a special award to Jessica Hardy being the 6000th medallist.
Ruth Taylor-Greene dance classes for children are held at RAB Butler School in Saffron Walden and Ugley Village Hall, and for adults at Debden Village Hall.
For more information call 01279 850142.