Dance school steps up to receive award
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations were in a place at a Dunmow dance school after it beat thousands of others to win an award.
Principle Mikki Rom and artistic director Jacky Rom, of Scene II Theatre School, were invited to attend the International Dance Supplies (IDS) Dance School of the Year ceremony on July 25, in Exeter, after being shortlisted for a top prize.
On the night they were delighted when it was announced they had won a silver award, presented by Wayne Sleep OBE, in the under 100 students category.
Jacky said: “We are really proud as we all work really hard so it is great to be recognised. For a small school it is such a good accolade and it has made our pupils feel really special.
“We had a fabulous evening at the awards ceremony and we got to meet lots of other dance schools.”
All 15,000 IDS customers, across the UK and Europe, were able to enter the competition by submitting details of how they run their dance schools, their business and staff, as well as how they contribute to their community.
Twenty-two of the schools were shortlisted to win a prize.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 Parishes join forces to oppose 'unsustainable' housing idea near Hatfield Heath
- 4 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 7 Uttlesford elects its first female leader in council's 47-year history
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today