Cyclists preparing to pedal 1,000 miles in group effort call for more riders
- Credit: Archant
A group of cyclists are set to pedal 1,000 miles between them in an hour and are calling for more people to join them.
On Saturday, October 19, riders from Great Dunmow will be raising money for BLESMA, the charity for injured service personnel, by going round the track at Redbridge Cycling Centre enough times to have travelled 1,000 miles in 60 minutes.
In the group will be para cyclists who are injured soldiers.
The event, supported by Dunmow Velo Cycling Club, is a reunion event for the Round Table cyclists who raised £80,000 for the same charity by cycling to Ypres in 2014.
The organisers are looking for another 35 riders to make up the maxim of 70. The more riders, the greater the chance of reaching the target.
You may also want to watch:
Register for free at www.tickettailor.com/events/greatdunmowroundtable/296515
For more information contact Bill Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease