Cycling event organised by Le Tour de France set to whizz through Uttlesford
- Credit: Archant
The streets of Uttlesford will be lined with people next weekend, as the L’Etape UK cycling event makes its way through the district.
The ride is split into three routes, with the longest one taking cyclists through Thaxted, Finchingfield, and Felsted from its starting point near London.
The ride takes place on September 24, with participants also going through Saffron Walden.
The medium route will also head through Thaxted before dipping down to Chelmsford and onto the finish line.
The event is organised by Le Tour de France, which whizzed into Saffron Walden in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
L’Etape UK will be supported by charity partner Access Sport too, which helps provide disadvantaged and disabled children more opportunities to enjoy sport.
For more information about the event, visit letapeuk.co.uk.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 9 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement