Cubs and beaver scouts have a blooming good time in Dunmow
LIME Tree Hill was a hive of activity as 26 cubs and beaver scouts, assisted by leaders and parents, planted 1200 daffodil bulbs on behalf of Dunmow Town Council. Town mayor, Cllr Gwynn Davies, attended the planting. He said: The Dunmow Scout Group carri
LIME Tree Hill was a hive of activity as 26 cubs and beaver scouts, assisted by leaders and parents, planted 1200 daffodil bulbs on behalf of Dunmow Town Council.
Town mayor, Cllr Gwynn Davies, attended the planting. He said: "The Dunmow Scout Group carries out this excellent public-spirited work, and makes Great Dunmow a nicer place in the spring with the daffodils in bloom.
"I do hope the public appreciate what the scouts are doing, and have done over many years planting bulbs."
Cub leader Jackie Martin, who organised the planting operation, said: "The group has been planting bulbs in public places for the town council for about 30 years, and we have returned to Lime Tree Hill for the second, if not third, time.
You may also want to watch:
"Many thanks to the cubs and beavers, and their parents, for giving up their Saturday morning to plant the bulbs which should bloom to give a carpet of yellow in the spring."
Dunmow Scout Group has membership of 145 youth members aged between six and 18 years, supported by 26 leaders and adult helpers. The Group Scout leader Rodney Martin is always seeking more leaders, particularly for the scout section, and anyone interested in being part should contact him on 01371 872404.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change