Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- Credit: Suffolk police
A ram-raid gang member who is serving a six-and-a-half year sentence has absconded from a Suffolk prison.
Tommy Mitchell, aged 21, was found to be missing earlier this morning from Hollesley Bay jail, police said.
Mitchell was jailed in October 2019 for being part of a ram raid gang which caused £150,000 worth of damage in a year.
The gang stole £165,000 in smash and grab raids across the south of England, and eight other men were also jailed for their involvement.
Mitchell admitted two counts of conspiracy to commit burglary and one of conspiring to steal a motor vehicle.
He was sentenced to six years and six months at Chelmsford Crown Court.
Mitchell is described as white, 5ft 9in tall, of medium build and with brown hair. He has links to the Great Dunmow and Harlow areas of Essex.
Anyone who believes they have seen Tommy Mitchell, or who has any information regarding his whereabouts, is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear