Vehicles had to slow down to avoid stabbing attack
- Credit: Google Maps
A 22-year-old man from Harlow has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon after a man aged in his 20s was stabbed on the A1060 in Little Hallingbury.
The incident took place shortly after midday on Saturday (December 18).
The injured man was taken to hospital for treatment.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward, especially those with dashcam footage.
Detective Sergeant Luke Howard of Braintree CID said: “The incident occurred in a very public place and we understand a number of vehicles had to slow down in order to avoid it.
“We are urging anyone who was in the area at the time and has not yet spoke to us to get in touch.
“In particular, we want to speak to people who may have dashcam footage of the incident.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Plans unveiled for 22 new Hatfield Broad Oak homes
- 3 Dunmow St Mary's pupils scoop 14 medals in school sport series
- 4 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 5 Environmental action: Dunmow boutique Wardrobe holding eco-swap
- 6 Braintree burglary sparks Essex Police appeal
- 7 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 8 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Firefighters rescue curious cat from Great Notley drainpipe
“If you were in the area at the time and believe you can help our investigation, please get in touch.”
Submit a report online at https://www.essex.police.uk or use the 'Live Chat' button to speak to an online operator between 7am and 11pm.
Or call 101 for incident 596 of December 18.
Information can also be given to independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or https://crimestoppers-uk.org.