Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- Credit: Archant
A man who admitted two counts of sexual assault in Dunmow has been sentenced.
Andrea Flauto, now aged 24, of Hadham Road, Bishop's Stortford, was sentenced on May 5 at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court.
Flauto's first victim was walking on a cycle path near to Flitch Way, talking on a phone on June 1, 2020.
She stopped to let Flauto cycle past, but he stopped and sexually assaulted her.
She pushed him off and he continued cycling.
Later that day, Flauto approached two women who were sitting on bench on the cycle track.
He leaned in uninvited and kissed one of the women.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 3 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 4 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 5 Things to do in Essex this June
- 6 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 7 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 8 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 9 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 10 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
Flauto has been ordered to sign the sex offenders' register for five years and complete 240 hours of unpaid work.
He was also made the subject of a community order which states he must complete a 40-day rehabilitation requirement.
The court also ordered Flauto to pay £145 in court costs and £95 to each victim as compensation.