Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- Credit: Archant
A man who admitted two counts of sexual assault in Dunmow has been sentenced.
Andrea Flauto, now aged 24, of Hadham Road, Bishop's Stortford, was sentenced on May 5 at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court.
Flauto's first victim was walking on a cycle path near to Flitch Way, talking on a phone on June 1, 2020.
She stopped to let Flauto cycle past, but he stopped and sexually assaulted her.
She pushed him off and he continued cycling.
Later that day, Flauto approached two women who were sitting on bench on the cycle track.
He leaned in uninvited and kissed one of the women.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
Flauto has been ordered to sign the sex offenders' register for five years and complete 240 hours of unpaid work.
He was also made the subject of a community order which states he must complete a 40-day rehabilitation requirement.
The court also ordered Flauto to pay £145 in court costs and £95 to each victim as compensation.