Man accused of assaulting woman and stealing her bag in Braintree
- Credit: Andra Maciuca
A 24-year-old man accused of assaulting a woman in Braintree and stealing her bag has been remanded to custody.
Lewis Robinson, of no fixed abode, appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates Court on Wednesday, November 17 to face charges of criminal damage, assault, and stealing Airpod earphones, cash and a bag.
Robinson is also charged with possessing cannabis, a class B drug, in Colchester on the same date.
All of the incidents are thought to have taken place on November 15.
Magistrates sent the case for trial at crown court and remanded Robinson to custody.
He is next due to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on December 15.
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 3 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 4 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Festive fun comes to Rayne this December