Funds available to help victims and survivors of domestic abuse
- Credit: PFCC
The Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex has up to £426,893 available to help victims and survivors of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Charities, groups and organisations working to support those who have experienced these crimes are asked to apply for funds by Wednesday, February 24.
Roger Hirst, the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex, said: “The Ministry of Justice has secured £4.625 million for sexual violence and £8.95m for domestic abuse to give to organisations which support vulnerable people.
"In Essex we have been allocated up to £426,893 so if you think we can help your group, charity or organisation, get in touch with us now.”
Some of the money available will be open to services not currently funded by the PFCC in order to encourage underrepresented groups to seek support.
You may also want to watch:
Small, specialist organisations that support domestic abuse and sexual violence victims are being encouraged to apply. They could be organisations with protected characteristics such as age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The criteria for this fund are:
You must be a registered charity, a charitable incorporated organisation, or a social enterprise, including companies limited by guarantee and community interest companies.
You provide specialist domestic abuse and/or sexual violence support services for individuals and families of protected characteristics which have the purpose of helping victims of crime who reside in Essex cope with the impacts of crime, and, as far as possible, recover from the harm they have experienced.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 5 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 The first ever Flitch Green Fun Day in pictures
Apply online via http://bit.ly/Supportfund