Police officer dragged along Takeley road after pulling over motorcyclist
- Credit: Google Earth
A police officer has been dragged along a road in Takeley after trying to stop a motorcyclist.
An Essex Police officer was reportedly dragged a short distance along Station Road (B183) on December 11.
At 1.55pm, the officer approached the off-road style motorcycle, but the rider pulled away.
The officer was taken to hospital with injuries but has since returned home.
Detective Inspector Steven Wilson, from Colchester CID, said: “It is totally unacceptable for any officer to receive injuries whilst going about their duties.
"The motorcycle was white and clean and did not appear to have indicators, lights or an index number."
The rider is described as being of stocky build with blonde hair, in his late 20s or early 30s.
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 New crematorium opens in Dunmow
- 3 Tributes paid to 'much respected' Great Dunmow Town Band leader Andy King
- 4 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Great Dunmow photographer wins Discover Uttlesford competition
- 6 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 7 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 8 Aythorpe Roding earn welcome win, seven-up for Dunmow
- 9 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 10 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
Police said he was wearing a white motocross-style helmet.
Essex Police is appealing for witnesses to the incident, who can call 101 with information, citing incident 731 of December 11.