Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding van
- Credit: Google Earth
A Leaden Roding resident has described her "worry" after finding her van damaged by ball bearings.
The victim, who did not want to be named, said that her van had been damaged some time between Friday, October 22 and Saturday, October 23 in an incident which may have involved somebody shooting the metal balls.
The woman said: "It's worrying to me.
"I am a pensioner and I need the van to get about.
"I don't think anyone in the community knows who would do this type of thing."
The victim claims this is not the first time that vehicles have been damaged by ball bearings in Leaden Roding.
She has told Essex Police about the incident.
- 1 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 2 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 3 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 4 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 5 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 6 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 More funding needed to support Afghanistan refugees, leaders warn
- 9 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 10 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
A police spokesperson said: "We received reports of criminal damage to a Mercedes vehicle in Holloway Close, Leaden Roding, on Saturday 23 October.
"Anyone with information should call 101, citing crime reference number 42/240113/21."
An earlier version of this article reported that a car was damaged. The damaged Mercedes vehicle is a van.