Cricketers get grant for store
FINCHINGFIELD Cricket Club has been awarded a grant to build a new shed. The Essex County Council Community Initiatives Fund has given the club £1650 to purchase the new building, which will be used to store sports equipment. Club chairman, Damon Knight,
FINCHINGFIELD Cricket Club has been awarded a grant to build a new shed.
The Essex County Council Community Initiatives Fund has given the club £1650 to purchase the new building, which will be used to store sports equipment.
Club chairman, Damon Knight, said: "This is another tremendous boost to the club and we would like to extend our gratitude to the county council for its support."
The funding will mean the cricket club will have its own facilities where players can store equipment separately and as a result the existing shed can be given back to the Finchingfield community.
You may also want to watch:
The fund was set up last year by the county council, which has handed out £6 million of capital funding over four years to put money back into local communities.
Cabinet member for localism, Cllr John Jowers said: "The club has grown from strength to strength this year and has become a very important part of the Finchingfield community.
- 1 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 2 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 3 The handwritten letters and drawings sent to Euro 2020's players
- 4 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Council unveils grounds for High Court challenge in airport row
- 7 Firefighters tackle roof blaze in Bardfield
- 8 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 9 Ribbon cut as new £1.2m chemotherapy treatment centre declared open
- 10 Cool Clarke leaves Stock boiling as Aythorpe Roding claim stunning win
"The award of the funding confirms this and is an acknowledgement of the hard work put in by many members of the club and our supporters.