Crafty lot enjoy sun
AN OUTBREAK of seasonably warm weather tempted thousands of people out to enjoy the entertainment at this year s Countess of Warwick s Country Show. More than 4000 people attended the annual event held in Little Easton over the bank holiday weekend, which
AN OUTBREAK of seasonably warm weather tempted thousands of people out to enjoy the entertainment at this year's Countess of Warwick's Country Show.
More than 4000 people attended the annual event held in Little Easton over the bank holiday weekend, which raised money for the four medieval churches in the Five Parishes.
Opening the arena events was Canon Gillian Greenslade, rector of the Five Parishes. She said: "After all the rain we've had, it was fantastic we had the excellent weather for the two days.
"This is a proper country show celebrating agriculture and traditional crafts such as wood turning. As it is free to enter it means many families can attend and enjoy themselves without spending a fortune."
You may also want to watch:
This year saw more activities for children including go-karting making the show ideal for all the family.
The total sum raised by the show is yet to be calculated, the figures are due to be announced in several weeks' time.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash