Could you be Queen?
PROSPECTIVE carnival queens and princesses have just one week left to put their names forward if they want to become this year s Dunmow Carnival Court. The organisers of this year s event are on the look out for a girl aged 13 or over to be queen for a ye
PROSPECTIVE carnival queens and princesses have just one week left to put their names forward if they want to become this year's Dunmow Carnival Court.
The organisers of this year's event are on the look out for a girl aged 13 or over to be queen for a year. Also needed are two princesses, who should be aged between eight and 12.
The three lucky girls, who are selected by the carnival committee's panel of judges, will represent the town at the Dunmow Carnival when they parade through the town in their own float. They will also get to attend other carnivals throughout Essex.
Kathleen Cooper, member for the Carnival Procession Committee, said: "Any girl from Dunmow and its surrounding villages can enter, as long as they meet the age requirements.
You may also want to watch:
"All they have to do is enter their names and come along to the Dourdan Pavilion at the Recreation Ground, off The Causeway, at 7pm on Friday March 30. It's a really good evening."
Applicants should enter their names by March 23 to: Blue Chip Business Centre, The Old Exchange, Mill
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
Lane, Dunmow, CM6 1BG, marked 'Carnival Entry' or they can pick up an entry form from the Dunmow Broadcast office at 2 Angel Lane, Dunmow.