Could you be Queen?
PROSPECTIVE carnival queens and princesses have just one week left to put their names forward if they want to become this year s Dunmow Carnival Court. The organisers of this year s event are on the look out for a girl aged 13 or over to be queen for a ye
PROSPECTIVE carnival queens and princesses have just one week left to put their names forward if they want to become this year's Dunmow Carnival Court.
The organisers of this year's event are on the look out for a girl aged 13 or over to be queen for a year. Also needed are two princesses, who should be aged between eight and 12.
The three lucky girls, who are selected by the carnival committee's panel of judges, will represent the town at the Dunmow Carnival when they parade through the town in their own float. They will also get to attend other carnivals throughout Essex.
Kathleen Cooper, member for the Carnival Procession Committee, said: "Any girl from Dunmow and its surrounding villages can enter, as long as they meet the age requirements.
You may also want to watch:
"All they have to do is enter their names and come along to the Dourdan Pavilion at the Recreation Ground, off The Causeway, at 7pm on Friday March 30. It's a really good evening."
Applicants should enter their names by March 23 to: Blue Chip Business Centre, The Old Exchange, Mill
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 5 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
Lane, Dunmow, CM6 1BG, marked 'Carnival Entry' or they can pick up an entry form from the Dunmow Broadcast office at 2 Angel Lane, Dunmow.