Could you be Queen?
PROSPECTIVE carnival queens and princesses have just one week left to put their names forward if they want to become this year s Dunmow Carnival Court. The organisers of this year s event are on the look out for a girl aged 13 or over to be queen for a ye
PROSPECTIVE carnival queens and princesses have just one week left to put their names forward if they want to become this year's Dunmow Carnival Court.
The organisers of this year's event are on the look out for a girl aged 13 or over to be queen for a year. Also needed are two princesses, who should be aged between eight and 12.
The three lucky girls, who are selected by the carnival committee's panel of judges, will represent the town at the Dunmow Carnival when they parade through the town in their own float. They will also get to attend other carnivals throughout Essex.
Kathleen Cooper, member for the Carnival Procession Committee, said: "Any girl from Dunmow and its surrounding villages can enter, as long as they meet the age requirements.
"All they have to do is enter their names and come along to the Dourdan Pavilion at the Recreation Ground, off The Causeway, at 7pm on Friday March 30. It's a really good evening."
Applicants should enter their names by March 23 to: Blue Chip Business Centre, The Old Exchange, Mill
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
Lane, Dunmow, CM6 1BG, marked 'Carnival Entry' or they can pick up an entry form from the Dunmow Broadcast office at 2 Angel Lane, Dunmow.