Great Notley business park roads now being built
- Credit: Braintree District Council
Construction work is underway on the roads at the new Horizon 120 Business and Innovation Park in Great Notley.
Braintree District Council bought the 65 acre site with a vision of attracting new businesses into the district, potentially creating up to 2,000 jobs.
Balfour Beatty is taking the lead on building two access roads and a central spine road on the business park site.
The planning for an entrance off Cuckoo Way roundabout, a second access point from the A131 to the south and a central spine road was given the green light at a Planning Committee meeting in February.
The business park will offer business accommodation, energy efficient buildings and electric vehicle charging points. A central hub area to the north could be home to retail units, a restaurant and a childcare facility.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr John McKee, Cabinet Member for Corporation Transformation at Braintree District Council, said: “I am delighted that we are now embarking on one of the largest and most exciting projects in our district.
“This is an investment that will benefit residents and businesses and our local economy. The modern employment facilities and the park’s ideal location near the A120 will make Horizon 120 the place to do business now and in the future.”
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown