Great Notley business park roads now being built
- Credit: Braintree District Council
Construction work is underway on the roads at the new Horizon 120 Business and Innovation Park in Great Notley.
Braintree District Council bought the 65 acre site with a vision of attracting new businesses into the district, potentially creating up to 2,000 jobs.
Balfour Beatty is taking the lead on building two access roads and a central spine road on the business park site.
The planning for an entrance off Cuckoo Way roundabout, a second access point from the A131 to the south and a central spine road was given the green light at a Planning Committee meeting in February.
The business park will offer business accommodation, energy efficient buildings and electric vehicle charging points. A central hub area to the north could be home to retail units, a restaurant and a childcare facility.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr John McKee, Cabinet Member for Corporation Transformation at Braintree District Council, said: “I am delighted that we are now embarking on one of the largest and most exciting projects in our district.
“This is an investment that will benefit residents and businesses and our local economy. The modern employment facilities and the park’s ideal location near the A120 will make Horizon 120 the place to do business now and in the future.”
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 4 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 5 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport