Concert for Katie in Felsted
A CONCERT held in honour of a brave little girl proved a massive success. Over 300 people, including sufferers of Noonan s Syndrome (NS), filled Felsted School where Katie Harwood is a pupil. The six-year-old has NS, a rare complex genetic condition which
A CONCERT held in honour of a brave little girl proved a massive success.
Over 300 people, including sufferers of Noonan's Syndrome (NS), filled Felsted School where Katie Harwood is a pupil.
The six-year-old has NS, a rare complex genetic condition which means she has a heart defect.
She has already had two procedures to widen one of the valves in her heart and her parents hope she can hold off until her teens before a new valve is needed.
You may also want to watch:
The concert - organised by the school's director of music, James Lowry - raised over �1000 for the charity Newlife, which supports and raises awareness of NS.
Katie's mum, Jane Harwood, said: "Emotional, outstanding, talented, dedicated, extraordinary were just a few of the words used to describe an amazing concert.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
"From the standing ovation, you could tell everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and appreciated the hard work by everyone involved."
She added: "My thanks go out to James Lowry, Mrs Burrett, everyone involved in the concert and also to the audience who gave so generously to the charity.
"Our target for this year was to begin to fund genetic testing for NS, to set up a website and a forum whereby people can get advice or just support each other.
"Thanks to everyone involved and the kind donations we can now get this off the ground.