Company ball raises £36,000
IT was a cup winning performance for the St Clare Hospice when Daniel Robinson & Sons charity ball raised £36,000 for the charity on Saturday. Guest of honour was former England footballer and World Cup winner Martin Peters who chatted with guests during
IT was a cup winning performance for the St Clare Hospice when Daniel Robinson & Sons charity ball raised £36,000 for the charity on Saturday.
Guest of honour was former England footballer and World Cup winner Martin Peters who chatted with guests during the evening and posed for photographs.
Gary Neill, managing director of Daniel Robinson & Sons, said: "It was an absolutely fantastic night and we are amazed at the staggering amount we raised for the hospice.
"I would like to thank everyone who has supported this ball in whatever way, local businesses, advertisers, donors and sponsors for their support, and all those who attended and supported this wonderful evening."
Julie North, fund-raising organiser at the hospice, said: "This is a fantastic boost for us and I would like to say a very big thank you to Gary Neill and his team.
"Over the last five years they have raised more than £267,000 for St Clare Hospice which we are all so very grateful for. Their efforts go way beyond corporate responsibility. They really do care."
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
It is the last year that Mr Neill will be organising the fund-raising ball.
If you are interested in helping to organise next year's ball or any other fund-raising event for the hospice, please telephone Julie North on 01279 773753.