Company ball raises £36,000
IT was a cup winning performance for the St Clare Hospice when Daniel Robinson & Sons charity ball raised £36,000 for the charity on Saturday. Guest of honour was former England footballer and World Cup winner Martin Peters who chatted with guests during
IT was a cup winning performance for the St Clare Hospice when Daniel Robinson & Sons charity ball raised £36,000 for the charity on Saturday.
Guest of honour was former England footballer and World Cup winner Martin Peters who chatted with guests during the evening and posed for photographs.
Gary Neill, managing director of Daniel Robinson & Sons, said: "It was an absolutely fantastic night and we are amazed at the staggering amount we raised for the hospice.
"I would like to thank everyone who has supported this ball in whatever way, local businesses, advertisers, donors and sponsors for their support, and all those who attended and supported this wonderful evening."
You may also want to watch:
Julie North, fund-raising organiser at the hospice, said: "This is a fantastic boost for us and I would like to say a very big thank you to Gary Neill and his team.
"Over the last five years they have raised more than £267,000 for St Clare Hospice which we are all so very grateful for. Their efforts go way beyond corporate responsibility. They really do care."
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
It is the last year that Mr Neill will be organising the fund-raising ball.
If you are interested in helping to organise next year's ball or any other fund-raising event for the hospice, please telephone Julie North on 01279 773753.