Company anticipates ‘full restoration’ of Felsted water supply
- Credit: Archant
Homes in Felsted should have access to water today (Tuesday), 24 hours after a burst water main cut off supply yesterday.
Dunmow and Felsted were both affected yesterday but this morning only Felsted was still left without water. However engineers have fixed a problem with the supply to the village.
A spokesman for Affinity Water said: “We have successfully repaired the boosters and anticipate full restoration of your water supply within the next 30 minutes.
“Should you experience any discoloured or aerated water which is not uncommon following a mains interruption, we recommend that you leave a mains fed tap running for approximately five-10 minutes. Discolouration of the water is caused by small particles of iron which are within the mains and disturbed during interruptions. Cloudy water is caused by air that becomes trapped in the mains, neither of these are harmful to your health.
“Where it has been necessary to excavate the area we will continue to work with the local Highways Authority to return the road surface area to normal and ensure that the road or footway is safe for all vehicle and pedestrian traffic. This may mean that we have to maintain the site and any necessary traffic management until this is the case.
You may also want to watch:
“We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this incident and thank you for your patience today”
- 1 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 2 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 3 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 4 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 5 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 6 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 7 Community helps foodbank under pressure
- 8 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 9 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 10 Olly Murs looking forward to touring again