Community plants tree to remember former Broadcast reporter
A STALWART of the community will be forever remembered after a silver birch tree was planted to honour her memory.
Residents in Broxted gathered to mark Jenny Oliveira’s long service to the community with a lasting memorial close to one of her favourite footpaths.
Her husband John was also there. Jenny was a former reporter at the Dunmow Broadcast, where she worked from 1990 until 2006. She later returned as a columnist in 2008 for 12 months.
Jenny died in her sleep at the age of 71 last August.
A staunch protector of the idea of community, she was also a Broxted Parish Councillor for 32 years – 18 as chairman.
You may also want to watch:
Broxted Parish Council is also planning to erect a bench close to the tree next summer.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 4 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan