Community plants tree to remember former Broadcast reporter
A STALWART of the community will be forever remembered after a silver birch tree was planted to honour her memory.
Residents in Broxted gathered to mark Jenny Oliveira’s long service to the community with a lasting memorial close to one of her favourite footpaths.
Her husband John was also there. Jenny was a former reporter at the Dunmow Broadcast, where she worked from 1990 until 2006. She later returned as a columnist in 2008 for 12 months.
Jenny died in her sleep at the age of 71 last August.
A staunch protector of the idea of community, she was also a Broxted Parish Councillor for 32 years – 18 as chairman.
You may also want to watch:
Broxted Parish Council is also planning to erect a bench close to the tree next summer.
- 1 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 2 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 3 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 4 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford