Community plants tree to remember former Broadcast reporter
A STALWART of the community will be forever remembered after a silver birch tree was planted to honour her memory.
Residents in Broxted gathered to mark Jenny Oliveira’s long service to the community with a lasting memorial close to one of her favourite footpaths.
Her husband John was also there. Jenny was a former reporter at the Dunmow Broadcast, where she worked from 1990 until 2006. She later returned as a columnist in 2008 for 12 months.
Jenny died in her sleep at the age of 71 last August.
A staunch protector of the idea of community, she was also a Broxted Parish Councillor for 32 years – 18 as chairman.
Broxted Parish Council is also planning to erect a bench close to the tree next summer.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 3 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 6 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 7 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 8 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 9 'I'm proud of how far I've come' - Dunmow mum shares her weight loss experience
- 10 Pets' Corner news: Winter Walkies for St Clare