Colin rides to Brighton
A MAN from Dunmow s liking of a gentle weekend cycle ride has prompted him to put himself forward to take part in the London to Brighton Bike Ride later this month. Colin Simmons from Gibbons Court is taking part in the event on June 17 to raise money for
A MAN from Dunmow's liking of a gentle weekend cycle ride has prompted him to put himself forward to take part in the London to Brighton Bike Ride later this month.
Colin Simmons from Gibbons Court is taking part in the event on June 17 to raise money for the British Heart Foundation and will be riding as part of a team from handling company Aviance who have bases at Stansted and Gatwick Airports.
"I heard about it from a colleague at Gatwick who has taken part in the race for the past three years.
"He was looking for people to join his team and so I thought I'd put my name down," said Mr Simmons.
You may also want to watch:
Twenty-seven riders will take part in the fund-raising event that covers 54 miles and starts from Clapham Common, London.
The Aviance team consists of seven riders and they will be setting off at 6am.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 8 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
"I have been training for the ride and although we are entering as a team, there are no team tactics as such," said Mr Simmons.
"It's just a case of turning up and following the people in front of you. Hopefully, they'll take the right route."
Mr Simmons is aiming to raise £700 through sponsorship. Anyone wishing to contribute can do so by going to the website www.bhf.org.uk/ sponsor/colinsimmons.
There is also a sponsorship form in the Boar's Head, High Street, Dunmow.