Coffee morning in Essex treehouse
A STEBBING woman is holding her very own outdoor coffee morning for charity after losing her mum to cancer. Sarah Lord is taking part in the Macmillan Cancer Support s World s Biggest Coffee Morning by hosting it under a treehouse in her back garden. Sh
A STEBBING woman is holding her very own outdoor coffee morning for charity after losing her mum to cancer.
Sarah Lord is taking part in the Macmillan Cancer Support's 'World's Biggest Coffee Morning' by hosting it under a treehouse in her back garden.
She said: "I am keen to support the charity, as I lost my mum to cancer when I was 20 and have first hand experience of the wonderful work that the nurses provide, so I can not think of a better way to raise money for people living with cancer. I'm really looking forward to opening my home, and treehouse, to family and friends and having a lovely day for a really great cause."
Macmillan is urging everyone to join in the coffee morning on Friday September 26 by arranging their own coffee mornings, whether at work, at school, or at home.
You may also want to watch:
Fundraising manager Lyn Crowe said: "Last year nearly 2000 people in Essex registered and helped raise £280,000. The money from every coffee, iced cake and pot of tea really helps to provide the necessary practical, medical, financial and emotional support people living with cancer need. We want to make this the biggest coffee morning yet."
To register visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 602 1246.
- 1 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary