Clothes sale at Dunmow’s late night shopping event raises �500 for local charities
THE old district council offices opened its doors on Friday night to offer chilled late night shoppers a warming cup of mulled wine and a mince pie.
A room full of designer clothes and Christmas gift ideas provided an additional attraction with many people grabbing themselves a new outfit at a bargain price.
The evening was hosted by the team at Mullucks Wells and was the latest in a series of events being held to raise money for the three local charities that they are supporting this year. Dunmow-based charities West Essex Mind and ResCu Maypole House are the beneficiaries together with the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.
Around �500 was raised on the night which takes the total raised so far to over �40,000.
Chairman of Mullucks Wells, Tim Trembath, said: “I was delighted to see so many people coming through the door.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an enjoyable event and to raise nearly �500 in one evening was a great achievement. What we didn’t sell we are donating to Helen Rollason Cancer Charity to sell in their local charity shops.”
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal