Clothes sale at Dunmow’s late night shopping event raises �500 for local charities
THE old district council offices opened its doors on Friday night to offer chilled late night shoppers a warming cup of mulled wine and a mince pie.
A room full of designer clothes and Christmas gift ideas provided an additional attraction with many people grabbing themselves a new outfit at a bargain price.
The evening was hosted by the team at Mullucks Wells and was the latest in a series of events being held to raise money for the three local charities that they are supporting this year. Dunmow-based charities West Essex Mind and ResCu Maypole House are the beneficiaries together with the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.
Around �500 was raised on the night which takes the total raised so far to over �40,000.
Chairman of Mullucks Wells, Tim Trembath, said: “I was delighted to see so many people coming through the door.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an enjoyable event and to raise nearly �500 in one evening was a great achievement. What we didn’t sell we are donating to Helen Rollason Cancer Charity to sell in their local charity shops.”
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary