Cleaner Carol marks 40 years at St Mary’s School in Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
She doesn’t like having a fuss made of her and was even reluctant to pose for this photograph but cleaner, Carol Brown has been working at St Mary’s School in Dunmow now for 40 years. She is pictured here with headteacher, Clare Griffiths.
To mark the four decades, the school presented Carol with a special cake, a balloon and a card.
Carol started at what was then the junior school in Rosemary Lane in January 1977, before the school combined with the infants school and moved to High Siles.
For four decades Carol has worked diligently, cleaning the staff room and the teachers’ preparation room.
School spokesman, Jess Horrocks said: “Carol does an excellent job and she is such a lovely person.
You may also want to watch:
“She buys the head flowers to cheer up her office. But she hates the limelight, it was all we could do to get her to stand for the picture.”
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack