Classes produce a work of art
JEWELLERY making and tie-dye t-shirts are just two of the things that youngsters are making in art and craft classes at the Arts Centre (Dunmow) this week. Director Jacky Rom said: The emphasis on the day is having fun and the children really seem to be
JEWELLERY making and tie-dye t-shirts are just two of the things that youngsters are making in art and craft classes at the Arts Centre (Dunmow) this week.
Director Jacky Rom said: "The emphasis on the day is having fun and the children really seem to be enjoying themselves.
"This week we've been tie-dying t-shirts and making jewellery. We've also been making masks, hats as well as going on a day trip to Thorpe Park."
Amber White, aged five, has been to several of the sessions. She said: "The best bit has been making the necklaces and bracelets. I chose the beads all by myself and Jackie helped me put them all together.
You may also want to watch:
"I've made a mask as well and I'm going to paint it to make it look like a princess."
The art and craft sessions run from Monday to Friday, 10am to noon and 2pm to 4pm. Each session costs £10.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 3 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 6 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
Next week, Scene II
Theatre School, based at the Arts Centre, is running an 'X Factor' competition. Auditions start on Monday August 13, with a live final being held on Friday, August 17.
People wanting to know more about either the art and craft sessions or the X factor competition should contact Jacky, Mikki or Holli on 01371 878020.