Classes produce a work of art
JEWELLERY making and tie-dye t-shirts are just two of the things that youngsters are making in art and craft classes at the Arts Centre (Dunmow) this week. Director Jacky Rom said: The emphasis on the day is having fun and the children really seem to be
JEWELLERY making and tie-dye t-shirts are just two of the things that youngsters are making in art and craft classes at the Arts Centre (Dunmow) this week.
Director Jacky Rom said: "The emphasis on the day is having fun and the children really seem to be enjoying themselves.
"This week we've been tie-dying t-shirts and making jewellery. We've also been making masks, hats as well as going on a day trip to Thorpe Park."
Amber White, aged five, has been to several of the sessions. She said: "The best bit has been making the necklaces and bracelets. I chose the beads all by myself and Jackie helped me put them all together.
"I've made a mask as well and I'm going to paint it to make it look like a princess."
The art and craft sessions run from Monday to Friday, 10am to noon and 2pm to 4pm. Each session costs £10.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
Next week, Scene II
Theatre School, based at the Arts Centre, is running an 'X Factor' competition. Auditions start on Monday August 13, with a live final being held on Friday, August 17.
People wanting to know more about either the art and craft sessions or the X factor competition should contact Jacky, Mikki or Holli on 01371 878020.