Ciera to follow in her parents’ footsteps as she joins policing family
- Credit: Archant
They say your colleagues become part of your family.
This is certainly the case for PC Ciera Cox who has joined Essex Police, where her parents have worked for a total of 35 years.
Having passed out on June 28, PC Cox will now train for 10 weeks with the Braintree local policing team and will work closely with her dad Colin, an inspector with Braintree and Uttlesford community policing team.
Colin said: "I had a real proud father moment and it was nice knowing I shared it with many other overjoyed mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles and relatives.
"I'm delighted that Ciera is following in her parents' footsteps.
"We're all passionate about policing and community and with Ciera on board, it truly shows our commitment to protecting Essex."
Ciera's mother, Lisa, is a police constable and works with domestic abuse victims.
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements
- 10 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
If you want to join Essex Police, visit www.essex.police.uk/joinus.