Ciera to follow in her parents’ footsteps as she joins policing family
- Credit: Archant
They say your colleagues become part of your family.
This is certainly the case for PC Ciera Cox who has joined Essex Police, where her parents have worked for a total of 35 years.
Having passed out on June 28, PC Cox will now train for 10 weeks with the Braintree local policing team and will work closely with her dad Colin, an inspector with Braintree and Uttlesford community policing team.
Colin said: "I had a real proud father moment and it was nice knowing I shared it with many other overjoyed mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles and relatives.
"I'm delighted that Ciera is following in her parents' footsteps.
You may also want to watch:
"We're all passionate about policing and community and with Ciera on board, it truly shows our commitment to protecting Essex."
Ciera's mother, Lisa, is a police constable and works with domestic abuse victims.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 4 New cycle network consultation announced
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
If you want to join Essex Police, visit www.essex.police.uk/joinus.