When are the bank holidays this Christmas?
- Credit: PA
Looking forward to having some time off this Christmas?
This year we get to enjoy some extended periods off due to when the bank holidays fall in December and January.
As Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day are on a weekend, the bank holidays have been rearranged for during the week.
This year there will be bank holidays on December 27 and December 28 as substitute days for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
As New Year's Day also falls on a Saturday, January 3 is given as a bank holiday to make up for it.
In 2022 there are more bank holidays on offer as the Queen's Platinum Jubilee provides us with an extra day off on Friday, June 3.
The usual bank holiday on Monday, May 30, has been moved to Thursday, June 2, to allow for a four-day celebration.
- 1 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 2 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 3 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 6 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 7 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 8 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'