Chocolaterie pauses online orders following Cambridge store closure
- Credit: Archant
A chocolaterie was forced to close its online shop after their suppliers closed earlier this month.
The online closure of Hill Street is the second hit the business has taken recently, after last month it closed its newer store launched in Cambridge just before Christmas last year. The expansion happened following the success of the three-year-old start-up based in Hill Street, Saffron Walden.
The team had been hard at work to fulfil Easter orders up until that point - but announced its online shop would close down just before the Easter weekend until further notice.
The business prompted brothers Chris and Greg Smith to quit their previous jobs and come back to Saffron Walden, where they grew up.
Chris, who lives in Bishop’s Stortford, trained in Paris and spent many years as a pastry chef and a chocolatier.
You may also want to watch:
Greg, resident of Newport, trained as an industrial designer, and applies his skills to their chocolate, some of which is 3D.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault