Chimney fire at thatched cottage in Great Hallingbury

Fire fighters were called to a caravan fire in Little Dunmow on Saturday (November 2) evening. Pictu

Fire fighters were called to a caravan fire in Little Dunmow on Saturday (November 2) evening. Picture: ARCHANT - Credit: Archant

Firefighters were called to a fire in a thatched cottage in Great Hallingbury on Saturday (October 26).

Crews were called to reports of a chimney fire at a thatched cottage in Church Lane, at 6.30pm.

The fire, which was burning within the chimney, was extinguished by 7.29pm.

A spokesman for Essex County Fire & Rescue Service said the cause was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus