Chimney fire at thatched cottage in Great Hallingbury

PUBLISHED: 13:29 28 October 2019 | UPDATED: 13:29 28 October 2019

Fire fighters were called to a caravan fire in Little Dunmow on Saturday (November 2) evening. Picture: ARCHANT

Fire fighters were called to a caravan fire in Little Dunmow on Saturday (November 2) evening. Picture: ARCHANT

Archant

Firefighters were called to a fire in a thatched cottage in Great Hallingbury on Saturday (October 26).

You may also want to watch:

Crews were called to reports of a chimney fire at a thatched cottage in Church Lane, at 6.30pm.

The fire, which was burning within the chimney, was extinguished by 7.29pm.

A spokesman for Essex County Fire & Rescue Service said the cause was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dunmow Broadcast. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Dunmow Broadcast