Children’s author returns from tour of the Caribbean
AN author from Great Dunmow has returned from a international book tour to the Caribbean.
Jacky Rom, who runs the Arts Centre in Haslers Lane with daughter Mikki, was promoting her second book around schools and projects in St Maarten.
Mrs Rom gave two presentations to years three and four classes from M Genevieve de Weever School. She provided interactive presentations where she asked the students to mime different situations, practice a tongue twister, and answered questions from the students.
The school purchased books for the class teachers to read aloud to the students.
Mrs Rom has recently published The Amazing Adventure of Starr: The Lost Script the sequel to her first book The Amazing Adventure of Starr: The Missing Extra.
You may also want to watch:
The Lost Script is the second in a series of five books. The books feature a girl named Starr who is active in the entertainment field and are available at amazon.co.uk
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport