Children’s author returns from tour of the Caribbean
AN author from Great Dunmow has returned from a international book tour to the Caribbean.
Jacky Rom, who runs the Arts Centre in Haslers Lane with daughter Mikki, was promoting her second book around schools and projects in St Maarten.
Mrs Rom gave two presentations to years three and four classes from M Genevieve de Weever School. She provided interactive presentations where she asked the students to mime different situations, practice a tongue twister, and answered questions from the students.
The school purchased books for the class teachers to read aloud to the students.
Mrs Rom has recently published The Amazing Adventure of Starr: The Lost Script the sequel to her first book The Amazing Adventure of Starr: The Missing Extra.
You may also want to watch:
The Lost Script is the second in a series of five books. The books feature a girl named Starr who is active in the entertainment field and are available at amazon.co.uk
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 3 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 4 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 5 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 8 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 9 Public toilets for new Victoria Square town centre development
- 10 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield