Children go bonkers for Red Nose Day
CHILDREN had fun at St Mary s School this morning, dressed in silly hats to raise money for comic relief s Red Nose Day. Pupils at the Dunmow school were invited to bring in two 50ps each for the day – one to allow them to wear silly hats and the other to
CHILDREN had fun at St Mary's School this morning, dressed in silly hats to raise money for comic relief's Red Nose Day.
Pupils at the Dunmow school were invited to bring in two 50ps each for the day - one to allow them to wear silly hats and the other to give to the best performing group at break time.
Teacher, Ben Harris, said: "The children split themselves into groups to perform something funny or entertaining and the other pupils went around the playground donating their remaining 50p to the act that they thought was the best."
After the playground melee the pupils went back into the main hall to sing funny songs and the winners of the best and most imaginative hats were announced.
You may also want to watch:
With a show of hands the pupils decided that the money raised will be sent off to help street kids as part of the nationwide collection.
Staff also took part by putting their cash into a sweepstake and wearing silly hats and red noses all day.
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
If you had fun on your red nose day, tell us how much you raised and send some pictures in. E-mail us at email@example.com