Children go bonkers for Red Nose Day
CHILDREN had fun at St Mary s School this morning, dressed in silly hats to raise money for comic relief s Red Nose Day. Pupils at the Dunmow school were invited to bring in two 50ps each for the day – one to allow them to wear silly hats and the other to
CHILDREN had fun at St Mary's School this morning, dressed in silly hats to raise money for comic relief's Red Nose Day.
Pupils at the Dunmow school were invited to bring in two 50ps each for the day - one to allow them to wear silly hats and the other to give to the best performing group at break time.
Teacher, Ben Harris, said: "The children split themselves into groups to perform something funny or entertaining and the other pupils went around the playground donating their remaining 50p to the act that they thought was the best."
After the playground melee the pupils went back into the main hall to sing funny songs and the winners of the best and most imaginative hats were announced.
You may also want to watch:
With a show of hands the pupils decided that the money raised will be sent off to help street kids as part of the nationwide collection.
Staff also took part by putting their cash into a sweepstake and wearing silly hats and red noses all day.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 4 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
If you had fun on your red nose day, tell us how much you raised and send some pictures in. E-mail us at email@example.com