Children go bonkers for Red Nose Day
CHILDREN had fun at St Mary s School this morning, dressed in silly hats to raise money for comic relief s Red Nose Day. Pupils at the Dunmow school were invited to bring in two 50ps each for the day – one to allow them to wear silly hats and the other to
CHILDREN had fun at St Mary's School this morning, dressed in silly hats to raise money for comic relief's Red Nose Day.
Pupils at the Dunmow school were invited to bring in two 50ps each for the day - one to allow them to wear silly hats and the other to give to the best performing group at break time.
Teacher, Ben Harris, said: "The children split themselves into groups to perform something funny or entertaining and the other pupils went around the playground donating their remaining 50p to the act that they thought was the best."
After the playground melee the pupils went back into the main hall to sing funny songs and the winners of the best and most imaginative hats were announced.
With a show of hands the pupils decided that the money raised will be sent off to help street kids as part of the nationwide collection.
Staff also took part by putting their cash into a sweepstake and wearing silly hats and red noses all day.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 3 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 6 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 7 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
If you had fun on your red nose day, tell us how much you raised and send some pictures in. E-mail us at email@example.com