Children bag a fun day out
TWO hundred people enjoyed the sun and fresh air at the Gardens of Easton Lodge s Discovery Day on Sunday. Jacqui Fanchette, Gardens of Easton Lodge administrator, said: The atmosphere in the gardens was tremendous, warm, relaxed but with a buzz; an exce
TWO hundred people enjoyed the sun and fresh air at the Gardens of Easton Lodge's Discovery Day on Sunday.
Jacqui Fanchette, Gardens of Easton Lodge administrator, said: "The atmosphere in the gardens was tremendous, warm, relaxed but with a buzz; an excellent combination.
"Children were captivated by Marion Temple's story-telling trail and visitors really enjoyed the highly informative wildlife walk led by the Flitch Way country park ranger."
The biggest hit of the day were the craft activities led by artist Anne Schwegmann-Fielding.
She said: "We used the day to launch our 2007 Big Draw event 'An Invitation to Explore'. This year we have teamed up with the recycling department at Uttlesford District Council and we will be decorating cotton reusable bags and coming up with other imaginative uses of recycled materials."
More than 70 bags were painted and decorated over the afternoon.
- 1 Plans unveiled for 22 new Hatfield Broad Oak homes
- 2 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 3 Braintree burglary sparks Essex Police appeal
- 4 Dunmow St Mary's pupils scoop 14 medals in school sport series
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 7 Environmental action: Dunmow boutique Wardrobe holding eco-swap
- 8 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 9 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 10 Firefighters rescue curious cat from Great Notley drainpipe
Anne's plan is to cover the gardens with decorated bags for the October Big Draw weekend. This will illustrate the damage plastic bags cause to the environment.
For more information on the project call 01371 876969.