Children bag a fun day out
TWO hundred people enjoyed the sun and fresh air at the Gardens of Easton Lodge s Discovery Day on Sunday. Jacqui Fanchette, Gardens of Easton Lodge administrator, said: The atmosphere in the gardens was tremendous, warm, relaxed but with a buzz; an exce
TWO hundred people enjoyed the sun and fresh air at the Gardens of Easton Lodge's Discovery Day on Sunday.
Jacqui Fanchette, Gardens of Easton Lodge administrator, said: "The atmosphere in the gardens was tremendous, warm, relaxed but with a buzz; an excellent combination.
"Children were captivated by Marion Temple's story-telling trail and visitors really enjoyed the highly informative wildlife walk led by the Flitch Way country park ranger."
The biggest hit of the day were the craft activities led by artist Anne Schwegmann-Fielding.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "We used the day to launch our 2007 Big Draw event 'An Invitation to Explore'. This year we have teamed up with the recycling department at Uttlesford District Council and we will be decorating cotton reusable bags and coming up with other imaginative uses of recycled materials."
More than 70 bags were painted and decorated over the afternoon.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 New cycle network consultation announced
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
Anne's plan is to cover the gardens with decorated bags for the October Big Draw weekend. This will illustrate the damage plastic bags cause to the environment.
For more information on the project call 01371 876969.