Check-out the store’s fancy dress
A TRIP to Co-operative Store in White Street, Dunmow on Monday may have left some people confused as they were served by a soldier, a clown or a policeman. However, it wasn t a change of staff but the store s eight employees dressed up in costumes that re
A TRIP to Co-operative Store in White Street, Dunmow on Monday may have left some people confused as they were served by a soldier, a clown or a policeman.
However, it wasn't a change of staff but the store's eight employees dressed up in costumes that reflected what they wanted to be when they were at school.
Sam Winter, store manager, who wore the store's fundraising promotional t-shirt for the day, said: "It was the launch of the Co-operative Group's fund-raising campaign to raise £1 million for The Children's Society."
Other in-store appearances were made by a beautician, a hairdresser, and an artist.
You may also want to watch:
Possibly the strangest costume was worn by Judy Bugeja who dressed as a cat. Her reason was "because, as a child, I used to love curling up in front of the fire".
"Staff said they enjoyed dressing up and it went down well with our customers," said Mrs Winter.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
"There was a lot of good humoured banter and it was lovely not to have to wear our uniforms for the day."
The store will hold several fund-raising events over the next five months, the next being a fun day soon after the Easter holidays.