Charity on the hunt to find chocolate eggs for deprived children in Ukraine
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of chocolate eggs are needed as part of a charity drive to put “smiles on the faces” of deprived children in Ukraine.
Each Easter UK Aid, formerly known as Felsted Aid based in Leaden Roding, takes hand-knitted chicken finger puppets to Chernigov with a Cadbury Creme Egg hidden inside.
As more than 400 chocolate eggs are needed this year, the charity is asking people if they would be able to donate.
Volunteer June Milne said the simple gesture “makes all the difference” to the sick and under priveleged children.
There will be two collection points for eggs in Great Dunmow:
You may also want to watch:
• The Dunmow Day Centre, Chequers Lane – open Monday, Tuesday Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 10am to 12noon.
• United Reformed Church coffee shop, New Street – Friday and Saturday 10am to 12noon.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 6 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 9 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 10 Essex Senior League clubs waiting for FA call on what happens to current season
Any donations will need to be made by March 13. For more information contact volunteer June Milne on 01371 875370.