Charity on the hunt to find chocolate eggs for deprived children in Ukraine
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of chocolate eggs are needed as part of a charity drive to put “smiles on the faces” of deprived children in Ukraine.
Each Easter UK Aid, formerly known as Felsted Aid based in Leaden Roding, takes hand-knitted chicken finger puppets to Chernigov with a Cadbury Creme Egg hidden inside.
As more than 400 chocolate eggs are needed this year, the charity is asking people if they would be able to donate.
Volunteer June Milne said the simple gesture “makes all the difference” to the sick and under priveleged children.
There will be two collection points for eggs in Great Dunmow:
You may also want to watch:
• The Dunmow Day Centre, Chequers Lane – open Monday, Tuesday Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 10am to 12noon.
• United Reformed Church coffee shop, New Street – Friday and Saturday 10am to 12noon.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
Any donations will need to be made by March 13. For more information contact volunteer June Milne on 01371 875370.