Charity on the hunt to find chocolate eggs for deprived children in Ukraine
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of chocolate eggs are needed as part of a charity drive to put “smiles on the faces” of deprived children in Ukraine.
Each Easter UK Aid, formerly known as Felsted Aid based in Leaden Roding, takes hand-knitted chicken finger puppets to Chernigov with a Cadbury Creme Egg hidden inside.
As more than 400 chocolate eggs are needed this year, the charity is asking people if they would be able to donate.
Volunteer June Milne said the simple gesture “makes all the difference” to the sick and under priveleged children.
There will be two collection points for eggs in Great Dunmow:
You may also want to watch:
• The Dunmow Day Centre, Chequers Lane – open Monday, Tuesday Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 10am to 12noon.
• United Reformed Church coffee shop, New Street – Friday and Saturday 10am to 12noon.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 6 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 7 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Rain thwarts Aythorpe Roding's title charge but High Roding at the double again
Any donations will need to be made by March 13. For more information contact volunteer June Milne on 01371 875370.