Charity leap mum's hopes are sky high
A GREAT Dunmow mum who is scared of heights will be hurling herself out of a plane in the name of charity. Fifty-year-old Dawn Turner, of Parsonage Downs, will be taking part in a skydive over Cambridge on May 30 and is looking for sponsors ahead of the e
A GREAT Dunmow mum who is scared of heights will be hurling herself out of a plane in the name of charity.
Fifty-year-old Dawn Turner, of Parsonage Downs, will be taking part in a skydive over Cambridge on May 30 and is looking for sponsors ahead of the event.
She said: "I have always wanted to do this, even though I have a fear of heights. At this point I am trying to not think about the actual jump."
After seeing and responding to a poster earlier this year Mrs Turner, a restaurant cook, is hoping to raise over �1000 for the Helen Rollason cancer charity.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to give money can pop into the Musketeers restaurant on High Street or the Kicking Dickey pub on Ongar Road to get a form or leave a donation.
Although she has received no formal training, Mrs Turner seemed confident about being attached to a professional before boarding the aircraft.
- 1 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 2 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 3 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 4 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 8 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
"I will be most nervous going up I think but I am really looking forward to the buzz and the feeling of achievement after," she said.
"My two daughters and my husband will be watching so I want to make them proud. I want to raise as much cash as possible. If people cannot get to the two places they can call me on 01371 875806.