Charity leap mum's hopes are sky high
A GREAT Dunmow mum who is scared of heights will be hurling herself out of a plane in the name of charity. Fifty-year-old Dawn Turner, of Parsonage Downs, will be taking part in a skydive over Cambridge on May 30 and is looking for sponsors ahead of the e
A GREAT Dunmow mum who is scared of heights will be hurling herself out of a plane in the name of charity.
Fifty-year-old Dawn Turner, of Parsonage Downs, will be taking part in a skydive over Cambridge on May 30 and is looking for sponsors ahead of the event.
She said: "I have always wanted to do this, even though I have a fear of heights. At this point I am trying to not think about the actual jump."
After seeing and responding to a poster earlier this year Mrs Turner, a restaurant cook, is hoping to raise over �1000 for the Helen Rollason cancer charity.
Anyone wishing to give money can pop into the Musketeers restaurant on High Street or the Kicking Dickey pub on Ongar Road to get a form or leave a donation.
Although she has received no formal training, Mrs Turner seemed confident about being attached to a professional before boarding the aircraft.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
"I will be most nervous going up I think but I am really looking forward to the buzz and the feeling of achievement after," she said.
"My two daughters and my husband will be watching so I want to make them proud. I want to raise as much cash as possible. If people cannot get to the two places they can call me on 01371 875806.