Charity golf day by Essex funeral firm to raise funds to help three youngsters be more mobile
- Credit: Archant
Three children with disabilities will benefit from this year’s annual charity golf day on September 13, held by the family funeral director, Daniel Robinson and Son in Great Dunmow.
Last year, the event raised £40,000 for youngster Lenny Pyne to go towards his intensive physiotherapy which is not funded on the NHS.
Lenny’s one aim was to “walk like his friends”.
Phil Barrow, manager at Daniel Robinson said: “We are delighted that one year on Lenny is making remarkable progress and has taken part in his school sports day.”
This year, the beneficiaries will be Summer, Aiden and Lyncoln. Summer is five and from Braintree. She uses a wheelchair but is working hard to get up on her feet like her twin sister and brothers.
You may also want to watch:
Phil said: “She is a very determined little girl and works very hard in physio paid for by the family’s fundraising but would benefit by being able to attend for specialist physio more regularly.”
Aiden, from Haverhill, is seven and also a twin. He has had surgery and is working to improve his hip mobility so he can play with his brother, Owen.
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 4 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 5 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 6 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 9 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Aiden’s dad has raised money through marathons and is currently training for the Iron Man challenge to raise more money for his son.
Lyncoln, from Halstead is 12. He can currently only attend Kids Physio only every two weeks with money raised by his family and saved from birthdays and Christmas.
To reach his dream of being able to walk, he needs physio more often. The golf day at Colne Valley Golf Club, Earls Colne will see 136 golfers playing and biding in a charity auction. To donate go to: www.drobinson.co.uk/2017-charitable-golf-day.