Charity ball raises �9000 towards Essex village's ongoing projects
A CHARITY ball and dinner has raised nearly �9000 towards ongoing projects in a picturesque Essex village. Over 100 guests graced the annual Finchingfield Charity Ball and took part in a huge auction, bidding for prizes ranging from a Tuscany holiday to a
A CHARITY ball and dinner has raised nearly �9000 towards ongoing projects in a picturesque Essex village.
Over 100 guests graced the annual Finchingfield Charity Ball and took part in a huge auction, bidding for prizes ranging from a Tuscany holiday to a lesson in carriage driving.
All of the money raised will go towards a group of causes, namely the PTA minibus appeal, the scout group, the guildhall restoration project and the CREAMER fund, a charity which provides medical equipment for the local surgeries.
In a joint statement the organising committee consisting of Hayley March, Sally Parlane, Elaine Vaughan, Deborah Yates and Alan Yates said: "We are thrilled to have raised so much money for our local charities and would like to thank everyone for their generous support."
You may also want to watch:
The evening was held at Spains Hall, Finchingfield, with the permission of owners Sir Timothy and Lady Ruggles-Brise. It was sponsored by The Fox Inn and The Three Tuns and �8,900 was raised.
After the auction, guests danced the night away to music provided by the swing band, In the Mood.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses